Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are there any complete BarCode printing solutions out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekimr

Technical User
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

We have - what I believe to be a simple need. A small application where you can **input a number range (say 8 digits)** (this is vital), and via the old printer port pops out on label paper, the Barcode equivalent of that number ( we are looking at the very basic pure number font (Barcode 39), which I have installed and proved ok to Draft A4 paper...but we need an automated conversion solution and different Label 'definable' output.

What is out there - that is offered as a complete solution (rather than devloping one in-house0

Microsoft Access is a good place to start.
BarcodeONE.com
The banner ad at the top of this forum deals specifically with custom apps Access databases and bar-coding.

DougP, MCP

You can easily do this with a Crystal Report using an input parameter for your number, and a True Type barcode font. This is so easy, I could do it for you in under an hour. You could run it using Hammerlaunch 2.0, which sells for $60. What size label do you want this to print on, and how big do you want the barcode to be (H" x W")? Is there anything else you want on the label?

Roz Rogoff

There are a multitude of free Code39 fonts available on the web that can be installed onto your computer.

Once that's done, any Office application can be configured to output the barcode, given a numeric input. We used to do that with Excel. We created an input table for an array of calibration constants. The output array would simply be a copy of the data from the input array except that the font would be code39. We then formatted the output array as required and included human-readable text below each barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back