Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are there any books on learning DS Basic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertRocks

Programmer
Oct 5, 2006
CA
IF you know of any books that would teach you BASIC for ds please let me know. If there is another method to doing this I would also like to know.

In general, no. But Data Stage does use the UNIVERS database, so maybe you can dig up some old books on UNIVERS and get some value out of them.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

It's based on Pick Basic, so you could search for books on that too.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

DataStage does not actually use uniVerse (as most know it) anymore. It is based on revision 9.6 of uniVerse and has taken its own development path; for example, don't expect things in rev 10+ of universe to work in the DS version.

I have also heard from IBM that version 8 of Data Stage will no longer rely on the Univers db even internally.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back