Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are the two files counted together? (8 gig+ 8 gig)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic102482

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2003
US
I dont have the server in front of me, but the sfh file and the .mdb file (I think) basically the two files for the exchange store.

Are they counted together or separatly? Both were at 8 gigs, and my server locked up because I have the standard and not enterprise edition.

Now I was told that only ONE file is counted against the 16 gig file limit. Are both counted or only one?

priv1.edb, priv1.stm

Those are the two files. Are they added together to get the 16 gig limit or not? If not then how did I hit the 16 gig limit when both are 8 gigs?

I can tell you from my experience, that my *.edb was 16 mb, and my *.stm was 16 mb on a standard exchange 2000 prior to my defrag. I knew I was close to a disaster when I inhearited the server.

Those files combine to get you to the 16 GB limit. We saw the same thing and had to run an offline defrag (using eseutil.exe) to get the files to a workable state (~ 14GB). Then the users had to start deleting messages to ensure the server would keep going...

IF THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY HAD EVOLVED THE WAY THAT THE COMPUTER INDUSTRY DID, A ROLLS- ROYCE WOULD COST $100, GET A MILLION MILES TO THE GALLON, AND EXPLODE ONCE A YEAR KILLING EVERYONE INSIDE. – AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back