Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

are shoretel providors also avaya bp's

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarenot

Vendor
Aug 30, 2003
US
how many of you shoretel houses are avaya houses as well. how many rep other factories systems as well. how do they stack up aginst the other factories products for your cusotmers.
how many return trips per implementation on the shoretel vs the other products you support, and what product is that.

aarenot, my company officially sells both Avaya and Shoretel (plus Cisco and Tandberg) and since I started there 18months ago, our sales people have not sold a single Shoretel. Now our sales folks like to go for bigger fish so we sell mostly Cisco or Tandberg stuff. Mostly cause there is more profit to be made with hardware.

In the 18 months I have been with this company, I have installed 10 IP Office systems and 2 full Tandberg solutions. Our company probably has done 20 to 30 full Cisco implementations during this time too

jml2665, which is your favorite system from a technical perspective? I've been considering a ShoreTel system for a couple of smaller sites and it looks pretty nice and easy to use. The downside from my perspective is the lack of features. It just can't stack up when compared with other vendors. However, even though it does fewer things, it appears to do them really well.

What are your thoughts?

well that's a tough question, I can not give an opinion on Shoretel since I never have been trained nor have I installed one.

Currently I would give my vote for Avaya (all platforms), but Cisco is doing very well. Tandberg is not a true PBX though if you can afford to deploy those personal communicators to the desktop then WOW, what a combo, voice, data, video with PBX type dialing, just no features. The Cisco does that all that too with features,
I am just starting my Cisco adventure. Tests begin Tuesday

I currently work for a company that sells Avaya and ShoreTel. I also have experience with Cisco. In my opinion the best system out now is ShoreTel. If someone wants a reliable system that works without alot of headaches, ShoreTel is for you.
When I came to my current company I told them I only wanted to be an Avaya programmer. I was a huge Avaya fan. It did not take me long to change my mind. ShoreTel in my opinion is the best product out there. It scales from 10 to 10,000 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back