Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are Colorstix Different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

splum

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Are all the original Colorstix brand inks for the 360 or 850 or 840, etc., the same formulation except for the different shapes that they are molded into? Does anybody know on here if they would be interchangeable successfully except for the shape not fitting the hole correctly? Thanks.

I don't know how much use my answer is going to be, but as far as i remember, some are different.. I had a problem a while back where the black ink from one machine was melting at a different temperature than another machine, it wrote off 3 ink loaders before I realised. I can't remember though the machines involved.

Sorry mate, Mark

Yes they are. each are different shapped and they are also made differently

Don

The ink for 360 and the 840 are basically the same a waxed resin base. The ink for the 850 is resin based. They are not compatable do to the varying melting temperatures and the size of the ink jets in the printhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back