Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are Charts in Crystal 8.5 made by aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epithymia

Programmer
Jul 3, 2002
CA
I cannot understand for the life of me the logic in charts. Some fields you can chart, others you cannot. I just made a really simple graph. The only formulas it let me chart were of the form:

Sum ({dApplicationStat.CallsAnswered}, {dApplicationStat.Timestamp}, "daily")

Fine, no problem. But then after these are charted, I went into one of the formulas, edited it, and changed the entire formula to : 60 and it still worked.

But you go back into chart expert, and that formula is no where to be found! So if you get rid of it and try and add it back, no can do!

Who made this stuff up?!?!?!

Anyone REALLY know how charts work??? How to add static numbers to a graph? How to add formula fields??? How to make control charts????

Appreciate any help!

Which CR are you using.
Charts in CR8.5 are very limited. However recently I made a chart using U.S. state charts and worked perfect for me.
It was easy to create one but I found it very limited of tweaking with it.
They promised in CR 9.0 (released yesterday) that charts are much easier to control.
dré

Charts have got some great features, but you need to understand how they behave.

Understanding evaluation times helps to see what you can and can't put on a chart -
formulas that are constants don't appear, but if you make that WhileReadingRecords they do work
Data in subreports isn't available in the main report.

We've found some interesting things you can do with Crystal Charts - you just need some data to hang it all on. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back