Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arcserver r 11.5 sp3 problem... Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luka123

Technical User
May 6, 2009
SI
Few days ago I had problem with daily backup, it should ended before 7.00 . but when i opened job status manager the job was still running. when i opened job for detail informations all process were finished only data migrations was still running. At afternoon i canncled this job and eject old tape and inserted new. Next day i found out that backup didnt go thrue. When i look in report manager / activity log i can see this error all the time and every minute it writes new one. the error is:

|collectMigrateSessions| session 50 on Media DISK MEDIA need to be migrated once again beacuse previous migration can not be finished for lonf time

Can someone help me please, where could be a problem?

Regards

Run the migration job so the FSD is free for the next job and then investigate on just why it is running so slow.

Hi and thanks for reply. I m new at arcserver administration so i dont know exactly where to start migration job? what is FSD? In job status manager i cannot see no jobs. if i add a new job it wont start as it should. seems like that old job hanged and new one cannot start.

Regards..

FSD = File System Device
since migration is used and the details were not provided the assumption is that backup is to disk which means FSD and then migrate to tape. The Migration job should be in the queue and can be modified to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back