Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserver 11.1 (build 3200) - backup to tape issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolleg

Technical User
Feb 2, 2011
GB
Having an issue with Arcserve backing up to tape. The job starts but then sits on "connect to media..." and doesnt do anything.
I have ran cstop and cstart, recreated the job from scratch, renamed the qsd folder so it creates a new one but nothing has worked. I have made sure the tape device is in a group and pointed the backup job to use that group.

last line of job log shows:
20110313 103025 00 TSIF TSI Funcs TSIConnectToGroup Name:GROUP1 Mode:3

last line of job queue log shows:
03/13/11 10:30:24 [jobeng[4304][4924]: chkjobwin.c[147]] (ERROR): JOBENG: LoadJobWindowFile():CreateFile() failed. GetLastError: 2. exiting the function with -1

Any help would be appreciated.

to help narrow down the problem run some other type of jobs.
a Copy or Count job, if it works then the process of activating and running a job from the queue is working.

a Restore job to see if it can connect to a tape device

If 11.1 supports it setup a FSD file system device and try backing up to that.

if the problem is exclusive the running to tape then the tape.log file is the place to look for more details.

thank you the post.
I have since done a repair of the application and it has backed up to tape today. Fingers crossed it will back up as per the schedule tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back