Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserveIT Engine Operation Access is denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorecca

MIS
May 15, 2002
US
Friday, Our computers got infected withs the Lovegate virus. Monday, when I came in I notice that my ARCserve 6.6 SW was not working. I received this error:

Could not perform the ARCServeIT Engine Operation Access is denied Error 0005. I cannot start the DB engine, Job engine, Tape Engine or the message engine, but Discovery Service is started.

Any suggestions to correct this problem.

I would just re install Arcserve. First make sure all occurances of the virus are off of your server. Then reinstall. The reason you may not be able to access these services is within Arcserve. The virus may have effected the .sam file stored within arcserve which holds admin passwords. When installing arcserve you supply the windows admin password, which allows that user to make changes. If for some reason that .sam file is corrupt, access to making changes in Arcserve may be denied.

If your server is free of the virus you would be best served by reinstalling the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back