Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserveIT 6.6 / 7 & NetWare 5.1 SP4 ABENDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcoalex

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
I have just built a new install of NW5.1. After numerous reinstalls due to abends, I discovered that the combination of NW51 SP4 seemed to cause ARCserve to abend just as it was loading ARCserve.NLM (listed in the NLM loader). After trying different orders of software installs and different versions of ARCserve (6.6, 7.0), and different service packs for ARCserve (sp3, sp4, virgin install) I found the only solution was to not install the sp4 for Netware.
Unforunately, I was out of time, so I delivered the server with no OS sp. I would like to update to the latest sp I can.
Has anyone seen this issue?
Does anyone have a work around?

FYI
Compaq ML350
LC2 RAID controller
Intergrated SCSI controller used for TBU
NW 5.1
ARCserveIT 6.6
InoculateIT 4.5
Powerchute 4x

I’ve had a similar situation, applying patch LO94073 resolved this issue.
You can download this patch from CA.

I have ArcServe 7 with Sp1 and just recently applied Sp4 to my NetWare 5.1 server. So far, I'm experiencing no problems. The order of things might be the issue. Perhaps Arcserve & AS patches should be installed before Nw51Sp4 is applied....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back