Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve9,Netware6 & Groupwise6 - backup/restore issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

domburi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
US
I have just installed Brightstor Arcserve 9 as an upgrade on my Groupwise6/Netware6 server. I did not previously have a GW agent so I was looking forward to backing up my GW Domain & PO.

I loaded the GWTSA agent with the correct settings in the GWTSA.NCF file. I setup a Restore Point in Console1.

I added the GW server as a Groupwise System in Arcserve Manager. When I run a backup job to simply back up that one server (it only has one DOmain and one PO) it seems to complete successfully but the results are confusing.
It says:

Mar-24 11:18:56 8 Total read: 1903708.00 KB.
Mar-24 11:18:56 8 Elapsed time: 194.00 minutes
Mar-24 11:19:12 8 1 node(s) 1 session(s) 0 file(s) 1903709 KB

Then it says:
Backup Successful.... #Actual Files: 148528

What I don't understand is why it says no files are written? And why is the backup only 1.9GB? When I look at the job status in Arcserve while the job is ongoing - the KB to Media statistic reaches almost 9GB before it finishes.

The problem really comes when I try to restore. I don't restore to the original location but try restoring to my Restore Point. It says the restore completes successfully but the statistics say 0 files and the Restore Point directory is empty.

I must be missing something... I've read all the docs I can find at CAs site about backing up GW and I seem to be doing everything right, but something isn't working.

Thanks much.

Believe it or not, the RAID failed on my GW server this weekend and since I never got this figured out, I don't have a reliable backup....

I get '"E1062" Invalid Session signature' when I try to merge or restore.

I really wish someone would help me with this... although its a little late now I suppose. :p

Hi Dombri have tried to retsor trhe hole session ? just without merging it to the Database ? in old versions of Arcserve this helps

Domburi -
Did you ever get the restore problem worked out? I have the same issue...
It says it backs up, my data size looks correct. When I go to restore, it says restore was successful, but I can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back