Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve2000 Restore BrickLevel to an Exchange cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

neumi

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
DE
I'have a MS WIN2000 (SP3) active/passive cluster installed. The cluster is running Exchange2000 (SP3). For the backup on a seperate Backup-Server I've installed the current Exchange Backup Agent. The Backup-Server is running Arcserve2000 (SP3).
Wie can backup the Exchange Server without any problems including the brick levels. But when we try to backup several postboxes or calenars we receive the following messages:
- E8605 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=\Individual Mailboxes\USERNAME, EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (429) "Fail to Open Information Store.
and
- E8603 "Failed to start backup. EC=DBagent Error---(68) "Error status in named pipe"
We followed all tip and suggestions in the Arcserve Knowledge Base but we hadn't solve the problem yet.

If anyboby has a tip or a solution please send to me.

HI,

First of all, update ARCServe and the Exchange agent with SP4.

I think you have Inoculan installed on the ARcserve serers.
Please set inoculan to scan onlu "Incoming" files and update the AV drivers for inoculan.

Do you get this error 429 on specific mailboxes always??
If so check if the user account related to these mailboxes , exist.

Cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back