Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe2000 and NT Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbine

MIS
May 30, 2001
US
I've just been informed by CA that they do not in any way support ArcServe 2000 with NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition. I really need to backup our payroll data from a TSE box. Anyone have tip or tricks?

tia

Hi CBine,

Arcserve 2000 is supported unter Windows NT 4. Terminal Server Edition is basically NT 4 with the extra features and should be supported as well (just not formally by Arcserve).

The primary issues behind "Terminal Services" is the fact that the Arcserve Manager client does not perform well while Terminal Serviced into a server. One of the main issues is when you change a backup job scheduled time it will not kickoff untill you stop / restart the job engine. The other is the File Estimate window has no data shown while in T.S. mode.

These are the main issues I have noticed with Windows 2000 and Terminal service and suspect it will be very similar on the NT4 platform.

If you have a server to test it on then give it a shot. The worst case scenario is you have to uninstall the product.

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Thanks,

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Darryl.Brambilla@eds.com

If it doesn't work out for you, I strongly recommend upgrading your TermServer from NT-TSE to Win2000. Not just for the ArcServe stuff, but because Win2000 is a major improvement over NT4-TSE for it's Terminal Services functionality. It's a whole lot more stable. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back