Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve ver. 9.0, won't perform print out alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

themexican67

Technical User
Jun 29, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,
I have a PDC/BDC domain envoirnment, Arcserve 9.0 is installed and been working quite happily on the BDC.

Changed the Domain admin password recenlty and the back ups haven't been taking place and as a consequence not printting out the back report. The backup job goes to a HP tape drive using 80G DLT catridge.

1. Aleady tried re-booting the server

2. Did go into ARCserve Sever Admin, Admin, Brightstor ARCserve system account, changed the password in there, however didn't stop then re-start the engines the first time. But did so when backups failed.

if that account was used for the backup security then the job has to be modified with the new password

Thanks davidmichel,

Tried that; now it works, however the first report that came off. Said the backup operation failed, "Unable to connect to network drive....... EC=Account locked out". checked the account and sure enough it was locked out, seems a bit wierd to me though as i was able to log onto the domain with the same account. I quess the account is cached so thats why i was able to log onto it.

thanks again, will see what happens over the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back