Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe v9 CA Root password 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2002
US
We renamed the local admin account on one our servers that runs ArcServe v9, on Windows 2003 with all CA pathes. Once the admin account was renamed, the CA Root Password seems to be invalid.

Authsetup /P didn't work, it errors out telling us the Domain Authentication Module is not running. We don't want to have to uninstall then reinstall the software. Anyone have any ideas.

thanks,

I saw this error on a previous post and we're definitely logged in with local Admin rights.

I ran into the exact problem and I was logged in as the local administrator.

I found the solution:

From a command line, type the following command:

ca_auth.exe -user chgpasswd caroot

You will be prompted to enter the old password. I entered the password that worked up until last night and it accepted it. Then you will be prompted to enter the new password.

Everything is working fine now.

I actually found this out late, meant to post it but was in a hurry. I also found out to blank out the password go into the ArcServe backup folder and type

authsetup /p

entering that will make that password blank, then run the

ca_auth -user caroot chgpasswd caroot

thanks again and glad to see you got it resolved also.

simboy

i tried this to see if i can reset the password.. but no luck. Anyway i can reset it? the guy who setup the job left and we have no luck on seeing what's going on with the job with 'caroot' please le tme know. Thank you

I am using Brightstor Arcserve ver 9.0 for Windows.
I am logon as backup user and can run backup without entering caroot password.
When I logon as administrator it is asking me for caroot password (which I do not know).
Can I change caroot password when I logon as backup user and use it later as administrator user? (I need to reset caroot password).
Is there another way to find caroot password?

i have got this error !

C:\>ca_auth.exe -user chgpasswd caroot
Please enter old password:
Validate User [caroot] failed ... reason : cannot connect to caauthd

from command line run the command cstop and then cstart then from Task Manager check for the process caauthd.exe the issue the command ca_auth.exe -user chgpasswd caroot
or authsetup /p <new password>

Have tried all of the above not luck...

when running authsetup /p it fails saying Auth Module is not running....????????

Any Ideas........

Go into the BrightStor ARCserve Backup main directory and run cstop.bat. After all of the services have stopped, run cstart.bat. Then see if you can login.

Please let us know how you're doing!

To reset the password follow these steps. I will reset the password to blank "".

1. Go to command prompt.
2. go to Arcserve/Brightstore directory
3. type "cstop"
4. type "cstart"
5. type "ca_auth -user getall"
6. type "authsetup /p"

This will reset your password back to blank, and you shoud be able to log in after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back