Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe v9 ASTPSDAT.000 files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2002
US
We're running ArcServe v9, and have noticed that the Database folder has grown to 5 gb. There are 3 files, one of them is ASTPSDAT.000 with todays date on it and that file is 2 gb by itself. Not sure if any of CA's database utilities would help. I changed the database pruning to prune every 10 days and see if that helps.

Any one have an idea.

Hi,

I had 6gb total DB size, ASTPSDAT file(s) was about half of that. Db tools like dbdefrag+keybuild helped a bit, files went little bit smaller but not enought.

So as a Final solution I reinitialized astpsdat database (I also had huge problems with DB before that...:) and now size has stayed in under 1gb. I use 30days pruning + make every another week dbdefrag + keybuild.

Driving all dbfixex took over 2days (atleast took for me...) to finish. Now after reinit. takes under a day. Now things work as should!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back