Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe V9 and Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkiser

MIS
Jun 10, 2003
US
WK2 SP3 - Exchange 2000
Arcserve V9 with 9.01 patch on both the base and the exchange client agent

My problem is when on the back up screen, I can drill down to individual mailboxes with no problem and see the first storage group in the information store. The exchange agent configured successfully with the user on the client portion also. The problem comes in when I run a back up job, instead of using the Dbagent that is configured with the appropriate settings and is used in the security settings for the exchange server - arcserve magically uses the user logon of dbaxchg2 for the brick level and dbaexchis for the information store. I then get the error that the user (dbaxchg2 and dbaexchis) that is logging on does not have the permissions to do the back.

I called tech support and they were absolutely no help and just had me reconfigure the exchange agent for the 10th time which still did not fix the problem.

I've gone as far as creating a user called dbaxchg2 and setting permissions and it still fails.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back