Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve V9 and Disaster Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurbaniak

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2003
US
Ok, I've got the trial version of Arcserve 9.0 build 2020 installed on a NT 4.0 Server with the Disaster Recovery Option.

We currently have Arcserve 2000 with DRO in our network, and we are looking to upgrade.

Anyways, I can't get the DR to work. :( These are the steps I've taken so far.

Trying to restore a Windows 2000 Pro with SP1.

#1 - Backed up Arcserve Server (as recommended by CA)
#2 - Backed up Windows 2000 Pro machine.
#3 - Created Bootable CD Rom for DR.
#4 - Created Machine Specific Floppy for W2k Pro machine.
#5 - Boot to CD ROM, and insert Floppy.

The next screen says something like "Inspecting Windows 2000 blah blah blah." During this screen an error is returned.

"The Entry "Ntkrlmp.exe" in the [SourceDiskFiles] section of the INF file is corrupt or missing. Setup can not continue."

I've been working on this problem for weeks now, and no matter what setup I have, I still get this problem, and CA has not been any help what so ever.

I've tried installing Arcserve on a W2k Server, W2k3 Server, single and dual processors and also tried using different Win2k Pro CD's (with and without Service Packs)

Any ideas or suggestions?

In my pass experience,
It must perform a full backup with open file agent!!
PS. Please ensure your are "Full green" button when u perform a full refer the CA user manual!!!! And make sure this is backup complete successful (incomplete is also OK)
Then you should generate the boot disk and generate the machine specific disk!!! or Before you can erase the DR folder and rename to regerate it again!! PS. This is a very useful tips!!!!!

Then you should be success perform DR test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back