Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve v7 - 'backed up disk quota'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trudi

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
GB
I'm having a problem with a backup and in the activity log am getting various 'warnings' and 'errors', including the 'Backed up disk quota' message.
I have got the other problems sorted but this is bothering me - for example: on session 3, taking into account my filtered out files, it should back up about 19G of data. This message occurs just after a message telling me it has backed up a little over 13G.
There's plenty of tape available so I am quite happy it's not a media problem. (using a 40/80 tape - the total data to back up is about 41Gb)
I can't find anything in the job settings that refers to 'quotas' and the Arcserve finds no reference to 'quota' either.
Can any of you please explain to me what this means - and more to the point how I can stop it?

Thanks!

The disk quota message is informational only and really has nothing to do with the actually backup of data. That's probably why it was taken out of later versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back