Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve v11.1 crash during backup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepastelija

Instructor
May 12, 2005
FI
Hi.

Our Arcserve totaly crash sometimes during backup process. I'm quite sure that there's some problem between arcserve and our f-secure antivirus for windows server v5.50, but so far i have been unable to detect it. I have already excluded out from scanning CA-folder, which contains these folders: Brightstor arcserve Backup, Brightstor arcserve backup agent for sybase, Brightstor arcserve backup diagnostic, iGateway and SharedComponents. Still it's crashing randomly. Can someone help me?

I have had Arcserve 11.1 crash on me. It seemed to happen when I changes it from hardware compression to software compression. Unfortunatly when it crashed it hung up the whole server and I had to reboot.

Could the compression option be causing it for you?
If anyone does have a solution/wrokaround I would be interested as well.

Hi,

First of all i would say that ,crash can happen due to lots of reason ...Antivirus,hardware related etc etc

1) I would recommend you to apply all the relevent patches
prior to version11.1

2) If you are using the VLDB as the default database then
please do the following:
a) Do cstop to stop all the services
b) delete all the files which start with letter r in the database folder(program files\ca\brightstor arcserve backup\database )
c) delete the contents inside the temp folder(program files\brighstorbackup\temp)

3) exclude the following Brightstor processes and its directories in Antivirus.

dbasvr.exe, dbaexchr.exe , carunjob.exe , casdscsvc.exe , cadiscovd.exe jobeng.exe , msgeng.exe , caserved.exe , tapeeng.exe , UnivAgent.exe

4) Put the jobengine and the tape engine in the debug mode so that it can help us to neutralize the issue

5) If you get any crash issues check if there is any exception occured in the log folder e.g(exceptn.log)

Restart all the services

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back