Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve test alerts work but?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH3

MIS
Jun 19, 2003
CA
windows 2000 server sp3, exchange server sp3, arcserve 2000 sp4, exchange agent for arcserve, inoculate IT 6.0 sp1 with mail option all running on single server. (single server environment)I can send test alerts flawlessly to e-mail and trouble tickets. The alerts are configured in the backup job correctly as i have used this product successfully elsewhere.The backups run no problems but it will not send an alert to the alert manager/service? its like arcserve cant "talk with alert manager/service?

any assistance would be appreciated

Just to add some things i forgot. The "cheyenne alert notification service" does not show up in services. it seems to have been replaced by "alert notification server"

also no activity shows in the alert manager logs.

If anyone one can help please do!
this has been driving me crazy for a month now!

if you enable full logging in the job it should put something in about sending alerts, does it do this?

have you tried creating a new job? (i guess you would have)

if there is nothing in the alert log then there must be something in the job log about alert actions - can't check what these should be right now but i will and re-post.

hope this helps

No Pain No Gain

Thanks i will try full logging as i only have it set to summary right now and see if anything shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back