Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE: TAPE E6300 Windows NT SCSI port Error ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axeldb

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2001
GB
Hi,

I'm using Arcserve 2000 on a NT server running Win NT 4 sp6. Once a week (more or less) an error occures and Arcserve will not backup anymore. The only this left to do is to restart the server.

Error: E6300 Windows NT SCSI port error [ABSL:3060 CMD:0h]
SCSI command retry.

The event viewer of NT gives the following message:
The device detected a controller error on \device\ScsiPort3
Compaq SCSI Storage agent: SCSI tape drive: tape status change Slot:0 Port:1; Drive:6 Value:4 != Threshold:2

Please advise for possible cure.

Thanks

Axel

After spending time changing and updating Rompaqs, the problem was still there.
At this moment the motherboard has been changed (onboard SCSI controller) and after 2 weeks now, the error has disappeared. All backups are running successfull.
This note is just to inform you about a possible solution.

Regards

Axeldb,
Have you cleared up your E6300 Scsiport errors? If so, what did you do? I have the same problem on a Compaq Proliant with an internal Compaq 8x24 DAT Autoloader running AS2000. The error occurs maybe once a month and requires a reboot, otherwise it works fine.

Thanks.

I was having the same problems that you were describing. We are using Arcserve 2000 sp3, Windows 2000 server sp2, and have a Compaq DL360 server with a Compaq SSL2020 tape library. We would get SCSI port errors constantly, and this would cause some of the jobs to fail or hang. Computer Associates tech support did not have a good answer, so I called Compaq Storageworks team. They suggested to disable the Compaq storage agent and dependencies, and if that works, apply the MS Knowledge Base article Q280114. Lo and behold, it worked! Apparently, the Compaq agents were messing with the scsiport.sys driver que and causing the whole thing to hang and not respond. I am going to wait until Win2k SP3 before I apply any hotfixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back