Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Says It Backs Up, But Shows No Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMarin

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
GB
Hi guys,

We have Arc Serve 6.1, and Novell 4.11.

When I try to restore a file I click on the Restore tab, then select Media View. This then shows me that I have a session within the media. But if I click on the session it doesn't give me a list of files to chose from as it used to do.

Arcserve says that all has gone fine, it even shows as a green light in the Job Status screen. The correct amount of KBytes and files have been processed according to the Session Info tab.

The only error that I can see is if I go to Job List in the second pull-down menu in Database (Ctrl-D) section and select the job there, in the Sessions tab under Session Info there is a message stating "Details Not Merged". Would this be my problem ???

I have tried deleting the old DATABASE folder in the Arcserve directory on the server and replacing it with a copy of EMPTYDB (I unloaded all the Arcserve software on the server before I did this). We still have no joy.

Please help.

Try inventoring the tape and see what happens....we had a similar problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back