Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve R15 created new Media pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankle

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2002
US
I upgraded from 12.1 to R15. I origianally had three media pools named as: ARSFLOLTO_DLY, ARSFLOLTO_MLY, and ARSFLOTO_WLY. After upgrade, I now have the original and 3 additional Media Pools: ARSFLOT_DLY, ARSFLOT_MLY, and ARSFLOT_WLY. Due to these new additional media pools, I have had problems with migration jobs not being able to find the tapes to use. There were tapes in all pools. I manually moved all tapes from the "new" pools to the original ones and was able to get a migration job to run. However, the tape was named with the new media pool prefix: "ARSFLOLT_DLY" and put into the new media pool. I checked the job and I had the original "ARSFLOLTO_DLY" prefix selected.

What do I do and is this normal behavior with an upgrade? I don't remember this happening with other upgrades.

first time I've heard of such a thing.

maybe caused by a problem with the database, can't say for sure. The DB Prune job should be setup to perform all the DB maintenance stuff.

At this point I say just setup a new job and move the media into it, then get rid of these two old ones.

Are you saying create a new job from scratch? Or can I open the saved job (from v12) and modify it. I backup servers as well as desktops and I really do not want to re-enter in all that info, but if that is the only way to get it working correctly, I guess I may have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back