Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve R11 + Backup Agent for open files question ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2502

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
We have recently upgraded Arcserve from R7 to R11 without a problem. We also added the backup agent for open files.
During installation, we received an error message as follows :-

Ofant.exe - Entry point not found
The procedure entry point setEUCStatus could not be located in the dynamic link library service.dll

Although it did say that the installation had completed sucessfully.

Also, is it possible to back up SQL files with this agent or do you need to use the Back up Agent for Microsoft SQL?

Any help would be appreciated

i don't use open file agent for sql backup, instead i use sql agent, it works well for me

as i don't hve ofa, can't test if it can backup sql files or not

1) The wrong version of the dll is being used. The program was written to look for a specific "entry point" to access a routine in this dll. Because it is a different version of the dll, the "entry point" is also different and therefor not found.

2) No it can not be used to backup a SQL database. You can:
a) buy the SQL DB Agent
b) shut down SQL server prior to the backup (I'm not up on SQL but perhaps this can be done via a Pre command and then brought back up after with a Post command.)
c) do a SQL dump to disk

...if you have the space...

you can use a SQL maintenance plan to backup the DBs to disk before the backup kicks off. You can then back up those backup files normally without using a SQL agent.

You could then deselect the SQL database files so the backup ignores them. Your will only be storing the maintenance plan backup files to tape.

just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back