Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve r11.1 "agent function entry point not supported" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elew83

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2008
GB
Hi

Im really hoping someone here can help me!

Recently our backup server no longer backs up the Information Store within Arcserve r11.1. When attempting to backup the Information Store, an error occurs
"E8601 Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbaexchis, EC=Agent function entry point not supported)". Brick Level however works just fine.

We have done a completely clean install of the product and the errors are still there. Ive removed all Windows updates that were done around the time that this started failing, rebooted multiple times etc. We are running a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with SP2. All agents and Arcserver are version 11.1, Build 3060.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful!
Many thanks in advance.
Elaine

has there been an update to exchange lately?

there is a debug for the Exchange Agent, perhaps that will provide data needed to solve this. I think there is an fac doc that tells how to enable debug.

Hi davidmichel

Thanks for the help. I have done as you suggested. Here are the results of the log that is generated when running a backup of only the Information Store:

$ 12/18/08 12:20:20
$ DSAConnectAgent() is called, agent_id=0, server_name = (null)
$ nBuild=3060, nType=3
$ isExchange2000() = 1
$ LoadLibrary(esebcli2.dll) failed, glerr=126.

I don't know if there is anyone who might be able to shed some light on the errors that are being generated?

Many thanks in advance
Elaine

I finally located the issue. The file esebcli2.dll for some reason needed to be put in the system32 directory in order for the agent to work correctly. I dont believe that this file is normally located here, but it seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks
Elaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back