Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe Peculiarities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I saw the threads and saw some very knowledgable folks on them. My shop has used ArcServe for some time. We recently purchased ArcServe 2000 as well as a new tape library and server. There are 40 servers that need backing up. It is a mix of WinNT/2000/DataCenter/Netware.

Sometimes the backup works, sometimes it doesn't. There is no consistency in failures or error messages. It will hang on the second server, or time out, or complete successfully.

I've seen that there may be issues with the amount of data needing to be backed up, the database back end can't handle large amounts of data. I've also read that it doesn't matter what the database is in the backend, it's the software.

The last thread spoke volumes about CA's support. My techies are frustrated beyond belief, and I'm trying to help by gathering data. Have any of you had similar experiences? If so, would you mind sending some helpful hints on paths to take or tips to try?

Thanking all in advance for helping.

Hi,

Try and lay down some of the specific errors that you are receiving with the jobs, any details that you can recall would be useful. Then the healing can begin!

Regds,

Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back