Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve Nightly Full Backup with a HOLD Status 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanbui

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
US
Hi!

Recently I have updated the "caroot" password. I updated via the "csetup" and "cauth_setup" command. The backup job did run since I changed the "caroot" password. I have tried to stop and to restart the service, also I rescheduled the backup job, or even deleted it and recreated it. However, it didn't run. After I fired it up from "RUN NOW" the status immediately changed from "Ready" to "HOLD." I reviewed the log and it complained that "Failed to verify the caroot ret = 233." The backup haven't run since Monday, 10/16/2006. How would the problem be resolved? Your advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Kim

Try changing the CA Root account again.

Is this server part of an ARCserve Domain? If so then it's CA Root account is tied to the ARCserve Domain server. For that reason I like to setup each ARCserve server in its own domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back