Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve Job Queue Error. (30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbernard

MIS
May 30, 2001
US
We are recieving "ARCserve Job Queue Error. (30)" when summiting a job with Arcserve7. Does anyone know how to correct this? We are using Arcserve7, Novell5.1SP3.

I have seen this!. AS7.0 - NW5.1, NDS8.

I believe that either the backup server has lost contact with NDS and needs to be rebooted, or, that the ASMGR manager software has lost contact with the backup server. The design of the interface is poor in my opinion. It helps to change using the default server icon on the status bar at the bottom of the screen, then change using the scrollbar at the top. Check that the 3 green LEDs are all lit at the top LH middle of the screen. The manager software is "pants".

This is most definately because Arcserve has lost it's queue status from the NDS. It usually happens on servers without any NDS replicas on.

I have spoken to Novell and CA about this and the 'fix' is to put an NDS replica on the server in question. The NDS replica must, or course, hold the Arcserve queue. This recommendation is pants because it would mean doing this on all of the servers without replicas on, thus causing more synchronisation for the NDS and blowing your NDS design out of the window.

The best thing to do is to schedule your backups to run at different times. E.g: server with Arcserve on and NDS replica runs at 10pm, server with Arcserve on wityhout a replica runs at 11am.

Not ideal, but works ok. Also, be careful when unloading Arcserve when the server console shows this error as it can abend the server. Best thing to do is to unload the Arcserve Scheduler manually, wait, then unload Tapesvr manually, wait, then do an ASTOP

HI,
Use fully distinguished names with leading periods when logging in.
Ex: .CN=XXXXX.OU=XXXXXX.O=XXXXXX
I hope this helps

I have an other problem avec netware 5.1 SP3 and Arcserve 7
I can backup the NDS tree with successfully. I can expand in the manager :
Database / job Records / Job X <backup> / Session No. X
I can get all details on the session. I have all object nds. It’s OK.
The problem is I can not restore an object of NDS (either by tree or session). I am not able
to expand the directory structure when selecting + Novell Directory Services and
+ (name of my tree). Message “ there are no items to display in this view”.
Help please
thank you
email:hamelind@csrdn.qc.ca

When you are backing up the tree, do you have the TSANDS.NLM (and the latest one at that) loaded? -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back