Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
US
I am installing ArcserveIT WE 6.61 and the Database engine will not start. (manually or automatically). I am installing on a W2K server with local admin rights. The installation appears to go smoothly with no error messages. I must add that this is my first attempt at installing Arcserve and I have no one around to ask for help. Thanks, KK

ARCserveIT 6.61 WE will not work on Windows 2000 unless you have the special windows 2000 release which you really can't get, and had a very limited release. Give me the build number of ARCserve your using and we'll let you know if it will work on win2k.

guru

Guru,

After much head banging Arcserve 2000 installed. I was able to perform a backup, delete and restore scenario. Nothing special, just a down and dirty check for functionality. I will be using an HP SureStore dat 24x6 autochanger for backup. Autochanger is installed and functional. My next step will set up and run a backup that requires more than one tape. Meanwhile I will be reading the admin manual. Any advice, insight and tips will be appreciated. Our current backup situation is such that if we really needed to restore vital data we may not be able to.(for various reasons). Thanks,

KK

ARCserve 2000 should be able to merge old arcserveIT tapes into its databases for restores.

In any case for ARCserve 2000, keep it well updated with the latest patched. If apply service packs apply it across AS200 server as well as the client agents and database agents.

Be conistent, make sure all rights are appropriate. Do not load windows drivers for the tape devices (ARCserve speaks straight to the firmware of the drive).

Any problems, either go support or come to tek tips and we'll try to nut it out.

Good luck,

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back