Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve installation Win 2k Member server! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAND100

MIS
Oct 24, 2000
GB
Help I am constantly getting
error message There are not enough rights for user ****** on server ****** to complete this transaction (EC=5) the server is a win 2k Advanced server SP 2 running Arcserve 2000 SP 3 as a member server in an NT 4 domain! the account works fine on the NT 4 machine in the domain but not this 2k box AGGGGGHHHHH

Please help!

Have you made sure the ARCserve system account as appropriate rights? Needs to be a part of domain admiinstrators with dom. admin being the primary group. Needs advanced rights to log on locally, log on as a service and act as part of the operating system.

Then input security on the computers or nodes your backing up using this "suped" up account.

guru

This is a known issue, actually. Installing AS2000 on a W2K server in an NT domain, the permissions on the $ARCSERVE share are not set up right, and not all of the correct permissions are given to the service account specified.

This is covered in the release notes for AS2000, so I won't bother to copy it all here. It's on your CD.

I've also found you will want to use the backup service account as the logon account for at least the Job and Tape engines under W2K. I haven't had a problem using the system account under NT, but W2K seems to require you use backup service account.

All you have to do is add:

1) Full control for admins to the ARCserve$ share.
2) Change for backup operators and,
3) read for everyone.

OR

you can simply add the ARCserve system account to the ARCserve$ share with full control.

It's all outlined in this nice little docco:

good luck.

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back