Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve * HP SureStore tape library

Status
Not open for further replies.

kipster

Technical User
Nov 26, 2001
GB
Hi

This is my first post to this forum and have the following question:

We are using Arcserve 2000 with a HP SureStore (2/20) tape library. Whilst configuring the tape library I stated that I did not want to allocate a slot for a tape cleaner, therefore I thought I would have 20 tape slots to use with Arcserve. However Arcserve states that I only have 19 free slots even though there are 20 tapes in the 20 slots. This is very annoying in that I cannot set up a four week rotation for my backups. Is this an HP of Arcserve problem??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kevin

If you go to ARcserve's device manager, how many slots are there on the left pane? Also did you see the last slot has a different color bitmap? If yes, re-run the changer setup again and make sure you disable cleaning.

I have run the HP Tape assure setup program and there are definately 20 slots showing. I then uninstalled & reinstalled the Arcserve Tape Library option (without configuring a cleaning slot), again however when running Arcserve's device manager there are only 19 slots showing.

Does anyone know why this is so. This is so irritating as am unable to run a four weekly backup cycle.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

I know on the Compaq changer, you can actually set up a cleaning slot on the front panel of the tape library. Does your HP library offer the same option? If so, check this to ensure the library is not just showing 19 slots plus a cleaning slot to Arcserve. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back