Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe for Novell 4.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithph

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
GB
Hi, All,
I know that strictly speaking this question isn't really about Netware as such but I thought the guys who read these questions would also use ArcServe an' there isn't an ArcServe forum. So here goes.
I am using ArcServe V 6 to back up our novell 4.11 server. I used ArcServe Admin on a Win95 PC to look at, change and restore jobs but since moving to a WinXP Pro PC ArcServe manager will only partially work. I can not restore files or add or change the current back up setup because ArcServe tells me that I need to check my permissions on the server to do the tasks I want. Thing is, I haven't changed anything else, just my PC. Is the problem something to do with the NT part of WinXP not allowing certain things to happen that were OK with Win95?? Do I need an NT (XP) version of ArcServe manager? If so, how do I get one?

The Arcserve forum is forum478 for future reference. Are you running the latest patches for both NetWare and Arcserve?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

Hi, there, TheLad, thanks for the info about the forum and the reply. Don't think any patches will have been done on the server.

What version of the Novell Client are you running on your XP machine?

"It's true, its damn true!"

Hi, again, We have got an NT version 4.83SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back