Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Exchange Agent backup - 418 error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spursboy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
GB
Hi. I run Arcserve 2000 Advanced Editon Sp5. I have the exchange agent installed on the exchange server (the same server as the main arcserve database is installed on).

The First Storage Group database backs up without any problems but on the brick-level backup, I have an intermittent problem whereby certain email acounts do not back up fully, and I get the message "....EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (418) "Application run out of memory".

The accounts on which this happens are not the same every time. All exchange accounts have recently been moved from another server, although I doubt that this is causing the problem. If you know the solution to this problem I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks

It was my understanding that this issue was fixed in Service Pack 3 for Arcserve 2000. Maybe reapplying the latest sp will sort it out for you?

Iain

I re-applied Sp5 for Arcserve 2000 and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back