Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebaby333

MIS
Aug 12, 2013
I just began a position at a new company and upon beginning I am told backups are for me :)

Currently we use Arcserve r 11.5 SP3 Build 4405 and we have an
Ultrium LTO3 tape drive running on a Windows 2000 Server with sp4.
The jobs were intermittently failing for reasons about the tapes or media so I decide like a champ I will fix it up :D ha ha.... so I begin digging for why testing tapes, running diags etc....

1. I noticed the driver wasn't loaded into the system so I download and install the actual driver... check
2. Run Tape diags with xTalk Management Console and I got some errors, pretty inconsistent.... the fix... update firmware so I did.... to 1923. now tests perfect
3. Arcserve now consistantly states it can not format the media, no data detected.
4. I went through did some dbfix .. that was interesting enough... got no errors

still plagued by the can not format media.... I can not run a backup .... sigh please help....

Also I might add when I go into the device mgr in Arcserve I can see the tape drive named CA FS Adapter then ExBackup... I have to stop and then start the tape engine to see the media then It shows blank media. When I try to format or erase it I get the same error and it just goes into a constant updating status....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back