Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve discover.nlm abends Netware 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moth

Technical User
Jun 5, 2001
AU
Hi
No surprises in the title. However bit of a strange one! Workstations 2k - latest patches. netware 6 - latest patches. All Arcserve patches.
However, whenever you use the GUI to check a device, bang, server abends. Keeps running happily in the background and arcserve continues, you just cant get to it and require a reboot. Arcserve say that doing all the above (patching) will fix this problem. Obviously not......... anyone seen a similar problem out there ? Cheers, Moth

The problem is known as ABC (Arcserve-always-Blows-Chunks)Syndrome and it is very common, regardless of platform.

Sorry... I couldn't resist that.

Have you tried to uninstall & re-install the Arcserve management console on your 2K workstation?

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Hi Bill
Yep tried reinstalling a fiar fee times, no joy. Bit stumped, there are work arounds which are ok, but the problem is still there, obviously CA are no help. Any other thoughts?
Cheers

I'd only check that you have the most updated scsi, RAID, storage adapter drivers.

Of course, if you're service-packed, you should have the most recent drivers.

I doubt that it would do any good, but you could try installing the AS manager program on a different workstation.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm no help for you

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Hi Moth

have you tried putting the latest client and patches on the management workstation

cheers

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back