Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve CheyDiscovery Event ID: 10065

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaubeau

Technical User
Jun 12, 2002
US
Greetings,
IBM eSeries Server 232. 1Gig RAM. RAID 1 with Hot Spare. Windows NT 4.0 Server 25 User,SrvPack 5, Dual Install of NT.
Installed BrightStor ARCserve 2000 Advance Edition,Installed Client Agent for Windows NT/2000 Admin. Version 7.0 Build 1046
Problem: The event viewer comes up with this error:
CheyDiscovery EventID: 7229 In the box was this message:
???????????????????(10065) which later translated to unable to open a scocket port. I am using TCP/IP to talk to the other IBM eSeries Server 232 1 Gig RAM, RAID 1 with hot spare and RAID 5 ( For Oracle Database) this machine has a DLT 8000 installed and BrightStor ARCserve 2000 Workgroup/Advance Edition Backup Agent for Oracle.
I can not get the Client to attach to the second server to do a back up to the DLT8000. There were no errors upon install. I did change the name of the server and the IP address of the server. maybe one can't do this with Arcserve already installed?
Question: What/How can I solve this?
I have search the MS Tech-Net site for the Event error7229 and have not found an answer. I have searched the CAI.com (Computer Associates web site) - Nothing
P.S This is my first post
Thank You
Danny B.

Additional information:
After Each Reboot Event 7229 Error 10065 from CheyDiscovery The text for this error is "Unable to send information using socket"
Any info on this error would be most helpful

Thank You

I am having the same trouble. Does any one know what is causing the error and possibly a solution. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back