Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve cannot start tapeengine

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidov291

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
NL
Hi,

I have Acrserve on a windows 2000 server with the HP Surestore DLT 80. This always worked, however after a nasty virus that kept rebooting all computers on the network, this is the error i get when I try and start up arcserve again.

When I try to assign the device in teh wizard it sees the device however the assign button is greyed out. However I can erase and format on the tape.

I have no idea on how to resolve this

Thanks anyone who can help

Hmm - is it possible the installation was corrupted by the virus ? Have you tried re-installing and re-patching the installation ?

If this is a standalone drive then you don't need to run device configuration or use the assign button (it is for libraries only).

Hi,

Is the HP tape unit and single drive unit or a changer.. if it is not a change u need not have to run the device config.

Ensure you have RSM disabled.

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back