Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE BACKUP STUCK IN ACTIVE STATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

schillingt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2002
US
While running the Backup using the image options it does the file estimate and then it just sits there in the active state. When I look at the properties no information is displayed and also there is no tape activity.

Does it still say active after a reboot? If so, in the ARCserve\00000001.qsd folder there will be two files corresponding to
the Job < which wont stop > queue ID no. Stop the job engine and then rename
these two files and restart the engine. Once up the job should be gone. You may have to recreate the job.

I had the same problem and followed the instructions above, which has removed the active job entry from the Job Queue from the Job Status window.

My problem is that my Arcserve.log file has grown to 4.5GB and another file called J0000359.log is 8.5GB due to a backup job last night where the Exchange Agent crashed and wrote a truckload of errors off to the Arcserve server.

When in the Job Status window, I try to go to the Activity Log tab, Arcserve gives me an error stating;
&quot;Seek failed on D:\ComputerAssociates\Arcserve\Log\ARCSERVE.LOG&quot;

I'm running WNT4 servers & EX5.5sp3 with AS2000 SP4 (same goes for the Exchange Agent).

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

Delete the log files. That's pretty much all you can do. Are the database files large too? You hay have to initialize them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back