Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Backup r12 crashed after missed job

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanriot

MIS
Jan 21, 2007
CA
CA Arcserve r12.0 (Build 5454) has a job scheduled to run every day of the week. This is the first time I've used this software so I might be missing an option somewhere, but basically someone forgot to insert a tape ("Unable to find any media that can be used in this job") the night it was required and the following morning the "Job has crashed" (!)

This is terrible, since it won't go back to the Ready state to do further backups and I'm an off site administrator and sold the server, so I need to figure out how the system can recover from a failed job, so that it will cancel the job for that night if no tape is in the drive and be up and Ready for the following night.

Thanks in advance!

Jobs are canceled for lack of a tape, something else causes a job to have a status of crashed.

Change the status of the job by right clicking on the job.
Look for details of the job in the job and activity logs.

I DID check the logs, as I said, it went straight from "Unable to find any media that can be used in this job" to crashed. I also realize I can easily change the status of the job...

I was moreso hoping to receive some insight from someone with technical experience with this program so I could prevent against this from happening again.

Set the Job Engine to Debug for more details.
Try creating a new job.
Is it only this job, all jobs, only old jobs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back