Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve Backup " Help to create GFS scheme BrightStor ARC Serve Backup"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolguti

Technical User
Jul 5, 2012
SV
ARCserve Backup " Help to create GFS scheme BrightStor ARC Serve Backup"

I would appreciate help me to create backups in BrightStor scheme, I am new to this.

Currently I have the following hardware for backup

1 Support Unit with a capacity for 23 400 GB tapes. storage
the idea is to create GFS, using escheme 7 days, but I have no idea how to configure it, I need to create for the day Sunday a full backup of each server to the other day a differential backup, plus every 5 months to backup full monthly .

another question is: when you finish the back with the GFS, every day I can use the same tapes to perform full backup of the database servers?

if there is anyone who can help me I would appreciate much about it, I searched for videos that I can serve but nothing found

regards

RG

I would appreciate help me to create backups in BrightStor scheme, I am new to this.

the idea is to create GFS, using escheme 7 days, but I have no idea how to configure it, I need to create for the day Sunday a full backup of each server to the other day a differential backup, plus every 5 months to backup full monthly .

another question is: when you finish the back with the GFS, every day I can use the same tapes to perform full backup of the database servers?

if there is anyone who can help me I would appreciate much about it, I searched for videos that I can serve but nothing found

regards

RG

regards

RG

Sounds like a standard GFS backup in arcserve.... Your full backup every 5 months will have to be a separate job....

When you create the job, in the schedule tab there is an option to use a rotation scheme.

This is the option for GFS. Select this then use the drop down menu to choose which GFS you want. You can customise it to choose which days are full and which days are incremental.

Is this what you were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back