Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve backup files, .CTF configuration assistance please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastuart

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2009
US
Hello; I am using Arcserve 11.5 sp2 and am backing up a local drive to a networked drive share. The amount of data is 750gb and being compressed to about 650gb, when the backup works.

I often get flush issues on the windows server and it loses the primary backup file, ####.CTF. Now this file is nearly several hundred gigs when this occurs. I don't have time to start backups over again and I cannot reconfigure this backup situation because of environmental/management constraints.

The question I have, does Arcserve have the ability to backup to .CTF File Sizes less than the complete complement of data? I have used both M$ DPM and Older Backup Exec's and Backup Exec had the option to save files down to 1 gig in size.

I was hoping that saving to a smaller file size would allow for quicker recovery from the error if not even reducing the contributing factor for the error.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back