Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve ATL Super autoloader driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRumson

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
We have purchased a Quntium ATL Superloader with a HP drive. We are getting a ! in the device manager saying "HP Ultrium-2 SCSI SCSI sequential drive" driver not loaded. I have talked to both Quantium and HP and both say ARC serve CA should have the driver for the auto loader since we are using ARCSERVE 2000. Any suggestions?

ARCserve does no use a tape or media changer driver at all. It sends SCSI commands directly to the SCSI Port driver provided by the SCSI or Fibre controller.

But that probably has nothing to do with the problem here. Some libraries have two different modes of operation, sequential and random.

sequential = automatic loading of the next tape. So when tape one is full the library will automatically load tape two. The library and not the software controlls tape movement.

random = Tape movement is controlled only by the software. The software has the ability to load any tape into any drive.

The library must me in random mode.

The ! and ? marks to tape devices in the Windows Device Manager shouldn't bother you as CA advises to disable tape and changer devices in the device manager anyway.
Check if you are on the latest ARCserve 2000 Service Pack AND device update. Can you configure the superloader in ARCserve's device configuration properly and can you backup ??

regards

This may or may not have something to do with it.But you may want to try to make sure that RSM is disabled.(Assuming you are using W2K) Some backup ISVs disable it automatically some dont, i cannot remember if Arcserv2000 does.But i do know you may see some strange behavior if RSM is running and both it and the ISV are fighting for control of the device....Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back