Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 9 Linux client support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtalbot

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
US
Does Arcserve 9 support backup of Redhat 8.0 and 9.0 clients?Thanks.

Am running ARCserv 2000 on Win 2K. Have a Redhat 8 Proxy and database server.

Have just migrated to a new backup server. The old server was backing up all files /sbin etc fine. However on the new install I am still patching trying to get it to read files on the LINUX boxes.

It will work it's just a matter of getting all the bits and pieces working.. patch patch and add more patches.

Let you know how it goes and the order of patching once I get it working.

My reply from our CA reseller for a RH8 open file agent to solve problems with symobolic links is as follows.

However, it appears that you are still running ARCSERVE 2000, and have not upgraded to the latest ARCSERVE 9.
The universal agent below will only run with ARCSERVE 9, so you will need to upgrade first.

To further confuse things, the agent only supports up to Red Hat Linux 7.3 - 8.0 support is not yet available.
It is currently in BETA testing, but they had no time line that they could give me for this! :-(

To upgrade existing ArcServe 2000 to V9 plus 1 year Maintenance (now compulsory) the cost to.....

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back