Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9 and Oracle Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDos

MIS
May 8, 2003
US
I'm backing up our entire Oracle 9i server and everything seems to work just fine with one problem. I have three instances of Oracle that are being backed up. Two out of the three backup just fine but one generates the following error:

E8604: Failed to Start Backup EC: Backup Agent Error 277 "Agent can not find next archive log to backup".

The entire instance, with the exception of the archive log, backs up just fine. Any ideas? I'm running Oracle 9i on Windows 2000 and Arcserve 9 on a seperate Windows 2000 computer. Thanks for the help.

What are the values of LOG_ARCHIVE_DESTxx and LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT for this instance?

Do you have other versions of Oracle server on this machine beside 9i?

hi,
i'm having the same problem as above. could u please explain if u have overcomed this problem?
thanks.

HI,
I'm having the same problem with 8i and archserve 2000. Everything was working fine until last week.
Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back