Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 9 and Norton Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinolief

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
NL
Hi,

I am tested the trialcopy from ARCserve9 a little while and CA have also applied a patch called patch1.
This is until now the only patch that has made for ARCserve 9 for Windows.
Before installing the patch the database merged correctly but a test after installing the patch will destroy this.
Now I have Norton Antivirus cooperate Edition 8.0 changed that the ARCserve database will not be realtime scanned.
After that action I also installed ARCserve V9 again with also the patch.
The database merged well so it is now possible to update ARCserve9 in the future.
Also we use the Agent for netware for making a backup for our Novell Server.
Backuppen is fast what I expected but restoring is lot slower.
When I for testing purposes the Antivirus for Netware stopped on the Netware Server the restoring going much faster.
Restoring depends on the computer and CPU speed and also Virusscansoftware.
Maybe someone know some tricks to speed up the restore?
The Agent is configured at his maximum speed and nothing changed in the Windowsregistry from the NT backup server.
If you do this the communication through the network from NT backup server and Novellagent failed after a few minutes!
CA give this as a solution but do not use it!!

Greetz

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back