Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9.01 Bricklevel backup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martijn76

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
NL
Arcserve version: 9 build 2020
Exchange agent version: 9 build 2020
Arcserve Agent version: 9 build 2020

I have problems backup via bricklevel. I had to diasable a user with a exchange mailbox in the active directory. After that de backup hangs on that user on bricklevel backup. I got error E8604, with description "EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (2529) \"Fail to open information store" The next error I got is E8602, with descreption "EC=[Server name]:Backup Agent error -- (830 "Remote pipe open failed: time out"

The Exchange server is a different server then the backup server. I use an agent to backup the Exchange server.

Other Question is: Which buildnr is which Service Pack? When I install a service pack, do I have to start at servicepack 1 (for example) or can I start with 4a.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi,

It makes no difference if I start with Sp4a (instead of 3)?

I use Exchange 2000 and the configuration is OK. I want to backup on bricklevel if I have a user (with a mailbox) which is disabled in the AD.

If the user is enabled or deleted, the bricklevel backup goes fine. Otherwise the backup hangs and I can not stop the job (have to reboot the server). After the bricklevel backup I have few other servers, which must be backupped. The data will not be backupped if I enable a bricklevel backup. I also tried to unclick the specific user, but it didn't work either!

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

interessing problem. I think that is normal that a disabled usermailbox cannot be backupped but why the backup hangs i don not know at the moment. Had you contact the support from CA to question it? You can sent the support an email without any cost. You can make this under this adress:

Select your location and click on email support. I hope the CA support can answer your question. Sorry that i cannot.

hi,
i have a exchange 2k cluster and i have installed the backup agent for exchange and configured the dbagent user properly as mention in the doc.
Arcseve backup software is running on a diffent server and tape loader is connected to that perticular machine.
When i go and try to backup the infomation store in the cluster i can't drill down on it. and i cant open the brick level backup as well.
What will be the problem

Hi,

What kind of error message do you get?
What kind of error do you see in your backup log?

To Backup an information store of exchange E2k/E2k3 on a cluster means that the backup agent must indentify the system on the vitual name and NOT on the internal name. To do so, please, perfor the following steps:
1. In the registry on the node where the exchange server itsself is running change under the CA Backup Agent tree in the software branch the IP Address of the server to the logical address (Should display the physical address)
2. In backup job itself change the name and the IP of the backup agent to the logical name and the logical IP address.

After applying a user and a password with enough rights the backup should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back