Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 7 is So Slow its painful Pls HELP !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz99

MIS
Dec 19, 2002
GB
Hi.

I need to run a restore , first off the Arcserve Database is yet again corrupt ,no suprise there then. I then attepted to merge the data in from the backup tape , which took near on 6 hours ,once again no change there, to which it failed to add anything to the database. as im sure you can see why im getting damn well sick and tired of CA software , i then thought hmmm how about if i just use the filters option , so i went ahead and set up a filter to restore just the directory and files i wanted IE.

SERVERNAME/DATA1:\Directory1\Directory2 ( thx to someone here for the help with the filters and oh yeah it didnt support long file names )

This is now taking just as long as running a merge , i am slowly thinking about throwing the entire product out and replacing it with something faster the system is running on a HP netserver and DLT8000 , the version of arcserve is version 7 for NetWare , I am running this through the console rather than the dog slow manager.

Any help would be a true god send as to why this is taking sooooooo long Help Help

The Spaz

What version of NetWare are you using (including Service Packs). Also, what version of ARCSERVE.NLM are you running (type MODULES ARCSERVE at the console to find out).

For the record, a filter restore will usually take as long as a merge because if the data you want to restore is at the end of the tape, the tape session will be scanned from the beginning ..... If the data is at the beginning of the tape and has restored successfully, you can cancel the restore job. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Netware version 5
Arcserve Version 7 Build : 252.000

Many thx for the prompt reply TheLad and the help with the filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back