Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 6.6 restore reporting completed successful but no files resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimr1701

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2002
US
I converted my old Novell 4.11 server that had ARCserve 6.6 installed on it to a Windows 2000 Server. It had been used for a couple of years backing up files on a daily basis with no problems. I backed up all files from the Novell server one last time and even tested the restore capabilities with success. I tried restoring the files using Veritas backup exec 8.6 for Windows NT/2000, this version was supposed to have the ability to restore files backed up using ARCserve for Novell, this got most of the files restored but many were not restored. This forced me to build a new Novell 4.2 server and install ARCserve 6.6 on it. The new server is not named the same as the old one. I also installed service pack 4 for ARCserve on this server. The tape drive on the new Novell server is the same one that the backups were created on. Using the Admin account I ran the tape merge to recover the tape databases for various backup tapes. I could see all the files listed on the tape when browsing the contents while selecting the specific files needed to restore. Then I ran the restore selecting the specific files I needed restored, redirecting them to a new location. The restore ran normal with a many skipped files. Yet when the job completes I receive a message stating that the restore completed successfully. When I go into the destination folder where the files were redirected to I can see the parent folders for the users I was trying to restore but when I open most of them the folders are blank. A few folders actually have files in them, but they were files that were compressed with WinZip. Nothing else was restored. Many of the files that were not restored are critical.I tried the restore from several tapes with the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back