Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 6.5 & Autoloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

petreco

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
I have Arcserve 6.5 with Build 622. All the pactches have been applied and Arcserve reconsise the Autoloader and I am able to carry out inventory as well.
When I setup backup routine to backup 26GB data it takes nearly day and half to complete and sometine it shows error that the tapes are faulty and backup stops.
I am using DLT 40/80GB tapes and the tapes are new.
The autoloader is ADIC (Benchmark DLT1)

ARCserve 6.5 has no supported DLT8000 or DLT1 ( Benchark )drives at all. I think it is wise to upgrade to the latest version of ARCserve.

regards

Hi Petreco-
If this is of any help. I am using a system setup similar to yours, except I am on and ADIC autoloader DLT 7000, which compresses at native 35MB/70MB. I am using Arcserve 6.61 with the base install, and no patches on NT Server 4.0 .
For a full backup up 60 GB of information, it takes Arcserve approximately 3-4 hours.
Hope this helps. Cyclops-Good advice, I currently do not have the funding to upgrade the system, so am letting this lie until the following year and will upgrade along with the server and OS.
Regards

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back